So not to get all Cookie Monster on everyone but aren’t cookies amazing?If you did not respond yes to that question you may want to go check around for your heart because you may actually be a robot. I love cookies, especially soft, chewy ones. I am happy to say that these shortbread cookies fit the bill perfectly. They are melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
I did a bit of mixing and matching with this recipe. I originally found a recipe to make White Chocolate Pecan Shortbread cookies on Pinterest. They sounded so good that I knew I had to make them right away. But I also had a recipe for general shortbread cookies, which are really simple to make. You just need some flour, sugar, butter and a few other ingredients. I really liked the idea of using a basic shortbread cookie so I can change it up every time I make them by adding different ingredients.
These are simple and do not take a long time to make but you will need to make these a few hours before you plan on serving them. Once the dough is done and rolled up into a log, you will need to refrigerate for a couple of hours before baking.
White Chocolate Pecan Shortbread Cookies
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. In a bowl, beat the butter for about 1 minute, until it’s smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract.
2. Gently stir in the flour until all ingredients are incorporated. Add pecans and chocolate chips, stir until combined.
3. Place dough onto a floured surface and form into a log about 1 to 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least two hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from plastic wrap and cut into about 1/2 inch pieces.
5. Place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 15 minutes. Bake until the edges start to brown.