You ever come across a recipe that is so genius, yet so simple, that you’re shocked you haven’t come up with it yourself? That is how I felt when I saw these cookies. These cookies are divine. I have yet to come across a single person who doesn’t like these. OK, that’s a bit of an exaggeration. Since honesty is the best policy, I will admit that there is a one person who isn’t too fond of these cookies. My little sister gave them a, “Eh, they’re alright” vote. But she also thinks The Vampire Diaries is the best show on TV and hates Doctor Who, so her taste is questionable.
These are my go-to cookies when I need to bake for a group of people. I brought these to my job last Christmas and I’m pretty sure they are the sole reason I will never get fired. Not my work ethic, it’s the cookies.
Just look at how genius this is. You bake the cookie right on the graham cracker. It adds a great flavor and it’s a great accessory. Your cookie basically comes with it’s own built in plate. And since you can only bake these for about 10 minutes before the cracker starts to burn, the cookie itself stays soft and gooey. These really are perfection!
Adapted from Fahrenheit 350
Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookies
1 cup butter at room temperature, unsalted
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet but you could use whichever type of chocolate you’d like
1 cup mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
3. Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are combined. Note: the dough for these cookies is very sticky.
4. Fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
5. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place about 1 tablespoon of dough onto each graham cracker.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Some of the dough will spill over the cracker but that’s fine. These cookies look a little messy but they taste amazing.
7. Move cookies to wire rack to cool and enjoy!