That may just look like a big glob, but trust me when I say that it is very tasty.
My older sister is a better cook than me. I am not ashamed to admit this. But she is older so has had more experience in the kitchen than me. So I don’t feel too bad about it. She made this Mongolian Beef last night and it was so good. Since she made it in the slow cooker, the beef was so tender. It fell apart so easily that we had to eat it with a spoon instead of a fork.
Slow cookers are the best! I think every single person should own at least one. You just throw all the ingredients in and let the slow cooker work it’s magic. It’s really great for someone who works all day. By the time you get home your dinner is ready to go.
Adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff
1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 medium green onions, chopped
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place cornstarch in a bowl. Coat each piece of steak with cornstarch and place in slow cooker. Any remaining cornstarch can be thrown away.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over beef.
4. Cook in slow cooker on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
5. Serve over brown or white rice and enjoy!