I absolutely love s’mores. I don’t think there is a better combination than chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. Peanut butter and chocolate comes close but I don’t think it can beat the s’mores combo. It’s perfection! And I love experimenting with different ways to make s’mores. You already saw it once with my cookies. Now I want to introduce you to the S’mores Cookie Bar!
Once again I feel like I need to apologize for my lack of photography skills. This photo is not nearly as appealing as the dessert actually was. I found the recipe on Pinterest and basically followed it exactly the way it was; I only changed up the topping a bit. I decided to use real marshmallows instead of fluff. Overall, I liked the dessert but I will say that the bottom layer was a little thicker than I would have liked. I probably would have cut the ingredients in half to make a thinner layer at the bottom.
Adpated from myrecipes.com
S’mores Cookie Bars
2 cups flour
2 cups graham crackers, crushed
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups mini marshmallows
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, graham crackers, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs until ingredients are well combined. Slowly mix in the flour mixture to the butter mixture.
4. Press dough into a lightly greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Add marshmallows to the top of the dough, then the chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!